photo patm_zpspv0hijju.png

Empty Nesters - Bedroom Re-do

9:55:00 AM

We knew the day would come, and it did.  Our youngest son, Garrett, bought his first home with the help of our dear friend Annie Foreman (@realhousewifeoffresno) at Guarantee Realty. Every time I walked by his room, my heart would ache a bit. It ached because I missed him but was overjoyed with the new chapter in his life.  This gave us a perfect opportunity to start a new project!  I knew I needed to make that room new; void of guitars, fish tanks, college books, and an old desk.  I'm a big fan of Estate Sales and that's exactly where I found two beautiful pieces for our new guest room. See my finds in the pictures belowAlong with our finds at the Estate Sale we made headboards with thrift store shutters. We hope this projects inspires you to be creative and think outside the box.


The headboards are made of thrift store finds. They were painted with a metallic gold paint.  I then added patina using a dark Annie Sloan paint.






This beauty was purchased at an Estate Sale. It really  was gorgeous as it was, but I needed to make it my own and add some "pop" of color



I'm not sure why but the BEE stencil caught me eye.
I used the VP Antico to "raise" the bees on the doors.
The bees and the handles were painted gold.

I also purchased this fun chair at the Estate Sale (of course I steam cleaned it)
I finished the room off with an old mirror I had in storage and a picture of my family















share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments