photo patm_zpspv0hijju.png

Angelic Remodel for our Julia Ann

5:43:00 PM

It's been a while since I have blogged. Frankly I couldn't seem to get it together. This room proved to be one of the most difficult remodels.  I tried two different wall colors, four different curtains and making up my mind on the details was just not happening.  This particular room is meant for my granddaughter and any future baby girls that might come along. The room before served it's purpose as a spare / play room for several years. 

As empty nesters and grandparents, we felt it was important for our grandchildren to have their own space when they come to visit.  The "boy" room was remodeled last year (see past post) and it was time for Julia to have her own room as well.   

I always start out with something that inspires me; an inspirational piece. In this case it was a sign made by BetweenYouAndMeSigns   http://instagram.com/betweenyouandmesigns.  The sign I picked is called a Wonderful World.  Every time I see it, it makes me smile and feel so blessed. I collected the bed, dressers, bedding, pillows and accessories over a few months time.  I've learned over the years, trying to buy everything to fit into one room all at once doesn't work for me.  I need to LOVE the pieces or I'll just replace them later on, hence the reason I have a storage unit full of "stuff"......that needs to go.

I hope this inspires you to take on a room in your home that brings you peace, comfort and happiness!










The inspirational piece
 
 




I found this antique bed at an antique fair.  I fell in love with the style.  I bought it for $100.00 and painted it with a old white color.
 




 
 
 
Before




 


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Awesome! That room looks so spacious. Also she looks so much older holding coffee and a lap top haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this room!!! Where did you find the wings? And what a beautiful sign. Great work Pat!

    ReplyDelete