photo patm_zpspv0hijju.png

Storage Room Re-do (and my ugly truths)

8:14:00 PM

When we purchased our home which was built in 1964, the blue prints showed this small room (I guess they can call it a room because it has a window) as a "sewing room". And if you know me, I have zero patience, so sewing was out of the question.  We  called it the "craft room".  In reality is was a room where we stored STUFF with no rhyme or reason.  It was OUT OF CONTROL.

We finally had a few weeks to dig into this project.  I designed and Gary built.  I decided I needed a place to store the usual;  candles, votives, vases, paint, glue, glue guns....you get the picture.  However the one thing I wanted the most was a place to wrap gifts.  That meant a place for wrapping paper, bags, tissues and ribbon.  Gary knocked it out of the ball park, again!!

This is what I learned which I call my Dirty Truths:

1.  I may have a slight case of hoarding.
2. I'm obsessed with ribbon, gift bags and wrapping paper.
3. I found brand new items that I have never used and have no intention of ever using. I guess my daughter in laws, the church or having a yard sale will fix that. 
4. I don't remember when or why I bought a bazillion decoration pieces.

I'm chalking up the dirty truths to the OLD craft room that was OUT OF CONTROL!

We hope this inspires you to take a look your storage area that needs some help.  Just realize, you may uncover your "Dirty Truths".





Before the demo begins......UGH 
Most of everything has been removed.  By the way, notice the wall paper?  The same wallpaper as laundry room re-do!
 


DEMO!! Gary took out the old tile and we got rid of the original wall paper.  Notice the DOGGIE door?....Yeah, it's covered and gone. 
 








I love the final results and especially the gift wrapping area!

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I think I died and went to heaven. I have a total ribbon and bag obsession too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat that is a GREAT room!! I have a little closet in the house I want to put all my crafting supplies in and this REALLY inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great space for that. Great idea. Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete