photo patm_zpspv0hijju.png

LAST MINUTE CHRISTMAS: Appetizer, Punch for All, Holiday Art

2:14:00 PM

The holidays are here and there is always something to prepare at the last minute.  Below are my three "go to" quick and easy ideas. 

Festive Appetizer   Guacamole with Pomegranate -  this recipe came from my dear friend Izkra Perez.  This was also an appetizer at the 5 Favorite Things Party (see past post)

5 Avocados (remove pits  and mash )
2 Tomatoes Diced
Half of a small onion diced
Cilantro diced
1 Jalapeno, take out the seeds and diced
Lime juice and salt (to your liking)
Lastly if you want to make it festive add some Pomegranate seeds.

Image result for guacamole with pomegranate
 
 
Simple Cocktail Punch - with our without alcohol - You'll want to make extra.  This goes fast!
 
Alcohol Version
1 1/2 cups (12oz) vodka, chilled
2 cups (16oz) cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
2 cups (16oz) pomegranate juice, chilled
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
 
In a large punch bowl or pitcher, combine all the ingredients.  You can cover and refrigerate for up to several hours.  I added lime slices and pomegranate seeds to make it festive.
 
 
NON Alcohol Version 
1 1/2 cups (12oz) clear soda like 7-up, chilled
2 cups (16oz) cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
2 cups (16oz) pomegranate juice, chilled
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
 
In a large punch bowl or pitcher, combine all the ingredients.  You can cover and refrigerate for up to several hours.  I added lime slices and pomegranate seeds to make it festive.
Image result for cranberry pomegranate cocktail
 
Holiday Art - for really any holiday!
I made this quick piece of art for an empty wall that needed some cheer!  You should have most of the items around your house.  This can be made in any size and color,    For a New Year Party, you can use the words cheer, 2017 or New Year!  I made one this for Christmas.

This is what I used:
  • Gold frame
  • Brown material
  • NOEL letters I bought from Hobby Lobby on sale.  I think I paid $7
  • Staplers
  • Glue gun
  • A piece of MDF / plywood to fit in the frame.  Gary cut mine but you can have Home Depot cut it to your exact measurements for free.
I stapled the material on my piece of wood.  Then I stapled the wood to the back of the frame.
I hot glued the letters on to the wood covered in material and that's it!!  DONE!  The project took me 40 minutes tops.  The possibilities are endless!

Old frame, material and letters from Hobby Lobby

Staple material to wood

Glue on letter and hang! 







share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png

You Might Also Like

1 comments