photo patm_zpspv0hijju.png

28 Day Paleo Experiment - numbers don't lie

4:50:00 PM

A couple of weeks ago I had a visit with my doctor who informed me my numbers were a little high. Yes, that included those ever loving LBS.  Obviously it concerned me and I knew something needed to be done. The last thing I wanted to do was take medications if I could correct it with a change in diet. I needed something that was somewhat easy to follow, wasn't boring and that Gary could enjoy as well.  After all, his numbers were perfect!  After a long discussion with my doctor and a ton of reading,  I decided the Paleo diet is my best option and so begins The Paleo 28 day Experiment.
 
The Paleo diet eliminates alcohol, cured meats, dairy, grains, legumes, processed foods, refined sugars and soy among other things. Eliminating dairy is definitely going to be my most difficult for me... I LOVE half-and-half in my coffee, cheese, yogurt and ice cream.  Oh and let's not forget about WINE! 
 
First things first
 
1. Buy a couple of good books to educate you. I purchased three from Amazon. 
 
2. Eliminate all the junk and prohibited food from your kitchen (that was painful)
 
3. Make a list and go grocery shopping for your 1st week.  I chose the menu from Paleo in 28 days by Kenzie Swanhart.  She made it easy by providing a grocery list!
 
I'm showing you my grocery bill so I can be transparent to show much this costs.  Keep in mind, much of what I bought this week can be used more then once (spices, flours and butter). 
 
I'll report back in 28 days with my results, opinions and my favorite recipes on this plan.  Send all yummy Paleo recipes my way!
 
Tropical Green Breakfast Smoothie
 
 
 1st Week Grocery Bill including Pantry Essentials 
 

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments