photo patm_zpspv0hijju.png

Paleo 28 Day Results

5:42:00 PM



Okay, okay so it is more then 28 days.  It's actually been more like 38 days since I began my 28 day Paleo Challenge.  To see why I begin this journey see the original post on 7/10/17.

The first week was very difficult for me. I had zero energy with day 4 being my worst. Remember, I gave up dairy, grains, sugar, alcohol, cheese and a few other things.  I used to drink my coffee with quite a bit of half and half and frankly that was something I looked forward to doing each morning.  I tried it with every other non dairy product and hated it.  Needless to say I am drinking my coffee black and not really loving it.  I may eventually exchange my coffee to tea.

The second week was a little easier.  This week I cooked Paleo recipes for every meal nearly for the entire week.  I can't say Gary and I were thrilled with any of the recipes except for the homemade fruit sherbert.  (recipe at bottom of this blog).  I was less tired but still not myself.  I still found that I was craving sugar and bread and muffins and tortillas and pie and well, anything with flour!  You see, I can  literally live off of sourdough bread and butter!

The third week I was getting into the swing of it.  I found for us, it was much easier just to cook without cookbooks and not over think it.  I made chicken, fish, beef and simply added a ton of veggies. Simple, easy, and much cheaper.  I continued to drink my gallon of water a day. 

By the fourth week I  was feeling pretty good.  I had more energy, my thoughts were clearer, I slept better and my mood leveled out.  I think it's fair to say I'm hooked but not 100%.  I still cheat once or twice a week buy having a bite of pie or cake or a glass of wine....or two. 

My girlfriend once told me, "if God didn't make it, don't eat it". 

Results:

GREAT News!  All my numbers have gone down including dropping 11 LBs!  I feel more alert, have more energy and I don't go through the ups and downs in energy during the day.  I've learned to keep healthy snacks in my office (I am a stress eater and my real job is stressful) and to drink water when I think I am hungry. 


We  hope this post finds you healthy and happy!    


Homemade Fruit Sherbet

Place any berries (I use strawberries and raspberries) on a metal pan and place in the freezer for about an hour,  I use 2 small cartons of raspberries' and one of strawberries.

Place the frozen berries into a food processor along with organic local honey to taste.  Blend until smooth.  There have been times I've needed to add water to get it really smooth. 

Transfer the blend into a deep dish (I use the meatloaf dish) and freeze for about two hours. 
Some of you may want to serve with adding extra honey or nuts for additional flavor.

Enjoy!

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is awesome! Since my husband's stroke, paleo is something that has been highly recommended but it has been intimidating. I love the simplicity of the advice of just leaving the recipes behind. Seems so much more do-able. My mother in law also had a hard time giving up coffee when she went vegan, switched to tea, and has never looked back despite no longer being vegan. Good luck! Coffee with tons of creamer is one of my biggest weaknesses!

    ReplyDelete