photo patm_zpspv0hijju.png

You painted WHAT?

8:28:00 AM

I have always wanted to paint a piece of upholstered furniture, but frankly, I didn't buy into it 100% nor did I have a piece I was willing to sacrifice.......until now! This old green chair served it's purpose for eight years but it needed to go...or did it?  This project was much easier then I anticipated and it was  completed in one weekend. Do you have a great piece of furniture but tired of the look?  This might be the project for you! 




The sacrificial chair - it served it's purpose for 8 years and clearly still in good shape...


This is what I used:
1. Annie Sloan Paint - pick any colors (I chose two since I wanted to add a stripe)
2. Annie Sloan clear wax
3. Paint brush
3. Container to mix paint and water
4. FROG tape




Add 20% water to paint and mix.  This will help the paint soak in.


First coat..........Yeah was worried too!
The second coat, This gives you a better picture of the original versus the painted. I'm feeling more confident.....kind of.

I position my tape where I wanted the stripes.  Before I painted the grey, I made sure to rub in the tape, especially on the edges. 
Pulled off the tape................next step is to wax the fabric with Annie Sloan's clear wax.  I found this step really softened up the fabric.
Here is the final product and I couldn't be happier!! This piece is going in my soon to be remodeled "girl's" room. 

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments